How do we request Python packages for installation on Syzygy?

I suppose there would be categories on Discourse for discussion about packages in Python, Julia and R. For example, I might want to use tensorflow for the seminar.

It looks like users can’t create new categories for discussion. I suppose this is so that we can design the categories to shape the discussion.

I’m just starting to poke around with the features on here, the config system is quite big. Ideally I’d like to keep the number of initial categories small, but we will need something general to cover feature changes and requests. I’ll add a category for Requests or something.

P.S. I’m guessing that this was also an actual request for tensorflow as well as a test post in here, right?

It wasn’t an official request for tensorflow just yet. I still need to learn how to use it and I’m guessing that training a convolutional neural network for image classification is not a thing 30 people should be doing all at the same time on syzygy. :wink:

I’m a little uncomfortable with the heart icon as a like action. That might have to change - I’m just to Scottish/repressed

Edit: It’s now a little green arrow, much better!